``The Taliban continue their rapid offensive in Afghanistan, seizing more territory and capturing key cities``        [link]        Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
More Afghan cities fall as Taliban advance

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next (showing 1-25 of 182)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

2 months ago - Friday 8/13/21 - 10:55:11 AM EST (GMT-5)
"The Taliban continue their rapid offensive in Afghanistan, seizing more territory and capturing key cities"

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world...

2 months ago - Friday 8/13/21 - 1:15:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
It's a sad situation.

America cannot be the policeman of the world, but if we don't do it, who will?
2 months ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 12:44:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
But you don't do it so well....
2 months ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 4:50:32 AM EST (GMT-5)
Or at all, if they really were the world's policeman they would invade Hong Kong, Belarus, Myanmar Saudi and Pakistan. "The worlds policeman" stuff is nonsense propaganda for the weak-minded.
2 months ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 4:52:49 AM EST (GMT-5)
Anyway, it probably had to happen at some point. The Taliban wouldn't have held to any agreement even if the Doha talks had led anywhere. They have been lying in wait for the past 20 years with Saudi and Pakistani money against a weak, corrupt, unpopular and regressive Afghani government. Biden f*cked up the withdrawal but it was never going to be pretty.
2 months ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 3:43:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
"would invade Hong Kong"

You itching for a nuclear war?
2 months ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 3:46:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 8/15/21 - 4:50:32 AM 3 mehs wrote:
Or at all, if they really were the world's policeman they would invade Hong Kong, Belarus, Myanmar Saudi and Pakistan. "The worlds policeman" stuff is nonsense propaganda for the weak-minded.


Even if we had oodles of money it's impractical to think we can send troops around the world knocking out bad guys at a moment's notice. But that doesn't mean we should just sit back and do nothing while people get mass murdered and raped and tortured and etc.
1 month ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 5:48:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
Most expensive remake of all time?



1 month ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 6:58:42 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 8/15/21 - 3:46:28 PM Noldor wrote:
Even if we had oodles of money it's impractical to think we can send troops around the world knocking out bad guys at a moment's notice. But that doesn't mean we should just sit back and do nothing while people get mass murdered and raped and tortured and etc.


Case in point, propaganda working on one of the weakest minds around.
1 month ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 9:52:44 PM EST (GMT-5)
Afghan army is a joke
1 month ago - Sunday 8/15/21 - 9:53:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
You cant fix people who dont want to be fixed.
This is what they want.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 2:55:30 AM EST (GMT-5)
https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-s...

big oof

"Business Insider
China's state media mocked the US withdrawal in Afghanistan, saying the Taliban takeover was 'more smooth than the presidential transition in the US'"
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 4:25:42 AM EST (GMT-5)
Wolf warriors are going to wolf warrior. They are lining up to do buisness with the Taliban, probably a smart investment.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 4:33:42 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 8/15/21 - 9:53:22 PM jealousblues wrote:
You cant fix people who dont want to be fixed. This is what they want.


This is pure orientalism and a lack of understanding of the the wider world to talk about 'fixing' another nation.

Afghanistan is a complicated place and trying to copy paste Western institutions and values was always bound to fail.

"This is what they want" is also utter nonsense. Who is 'they'?
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 11:19:49 AM EST (GMT-5)
no president could have solved this, especially when there were issues going back long before some of us were even born. unless biden magically drives them all back before the 2022 midterms, this could be an issue.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 11:34:35 AM EST (GMT-5)
Taliban begin execution and rape in Afghanistan

Yeah, trying to copy paste Western values is bound to fail. They prefer execution and rape.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 11:59:31 AM EST (GMT-5)
After 20 years Noldor smugly announces it was bound to fail.

What a one dimensional moron.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 12:34:50 PM EST (GMT-5)
and from your link....

According to a source inside Afghanistan, the Taliban invasion of Afghanistan may result in massive massacres and genocide as the Islamist militancy group reportedly has prepared a list of at least eight thousand individuals branding them as “enemies of Islam”, “puppets of the enemies of Allah” and even “infidels”. It is anticipated that the Taliban may now begin mass-execution of people, based on the list.

So Taliban have not begun execution and rape, even according to "a source" I'm sure Noldor is eagerly anticipating the moment he can revel in the news though.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 1:18:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/16/21 - 11:59:31 AM Boredofu wrote:
After 20 years Noldor smugly announces it was bound to fail. What a one dimensional moron.

I didn’t announce it was bound to fail, I was just repeating what 3meh said to make a point
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 1:21:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/16/21 - 12:34:50 PM Boredofu wrote:
and from your link.... According to a source inside Afghanistan, the Taliban invasion of Afghanistan may result in massive massacres and genocide as the Islamist militancy group reportedly has prepared a list of at least eight thousand individuals branding them as “enemies of Islam”, “puppets of the enemies of Allah” and even “infidels”. It is anticipated that the Taliban may now begin mass-execution of people, based on the list. So Taliban have not begun execution and rape, even according to "a source" I'm sure Noldor is eagerly anticipating the moment he can revel in the news though.

Does anybody doubt this is going to happen especially when they’ve already prepared a list of people for execution? You’re being a nitpick.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 1:45:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 8/15/21 - 9:53:22 PM jealousblues wrote:
You cant fix people who dont want to be fixed. This is what they want.
On Monday 8/16/21 - 4:33:42 AM 3 mehs wrote:
This is pure orientalism and a lack of understanding of the the wider world to talk about 'fixing' another nation. Afghanistan is a complicated place and trying to copy paste Western institutions and values was always bound to fail. "This is what they want" is also utter nonsense. Who is 'they'?



hey if what they want is the taliban they can have it. Call it what you want its whats going to happen.
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 1:52:47 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/16/21 - 4:33:42 AM 3 mehs wrote:
This is pure orientalism and a lack of understanding of the the wider world to talk about 'fixing' another nation. Afghanistan is a complicated place and trying to copy paste Western institutions and values was always bound to fail. "This is what they want" is also utter nonsense. Who is 'they'?



You are right the Taliban is clearly what the people there want and I hope they will be happy with it.

I can understand not fighting for a country you dont believe in but if the things the Taliban bring were unacceptable to them they would have fought. I dont give a poo about not being paid or "well I really identify with my tribe as opposed to a made up nation"

1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 1:53:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
If people were going to be coming in and taking away all rights people who didnt agree with that would fight. The Taliban is dedicated but its not like they are some overwhelming force that would be impossible to fight if the Afghan army gave a poo. They had every advantage other than will to fight.

Im not even saying be a western county or democracy but to not be a country where women and gays are oppressed but clearly thats A-OK there.


1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 2:00:05 PM EST (GMT-5)
You are right Meh, im just not open minded enough I should realize persecuting women and homosexuals and whatever else the Taliban wants if their culture and I should respect that


If feel sorry for anyones daughter there
1 month ago - Monday 8/16/21 - 3:35:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 8/16/21 - 1:21:10 PM Noldor wrote:
Does anybody doubt this is going to happen especially when they’ve already prepared a list of people for execution? You’re being a nitpick.


"According to a source"

You don't doubt it because it's exactly what you want to hear.

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next (showing 1-25 of 182)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit